Starting a new business?
Got a fantastic business idea but don't know what to do with it? Read to start with your business but unsure how to move forward?
Dacey and Partners are here to help! If you're looking to start the ball rolling with your new business, come and meet with our friendly team - free of charge!
Not only will we provide you with a checklist listing all the requirements and important contacts during this important time, but we'll complete all registrations for you at no cost; including business name, ABN, and PAYG.
New Business Checklist
In an effort to make your transition into operating your new business as simple and hassle free as possible, we've compiled a checklist of the tasks imperative to ensuring the future success of your new business venture.
• Register your business name with ASIC
• Register for an Australian Business Number (ABN) and Tax File Number (TFN)
• Open a business bank account, and if neccessary, a separate account for GST payments
• Subscribe to an accounting program, eg., MYOB, Banklink, Xero, etc
• Determine the business licensing or statutory requirements
• Arrange public liability insurance
• Organise work cover
• Investigate Work Health and Safety compliance requirements for your industry
• Establish employee contracts
• Investigate the awards relevant to your industry (if they exist)
• Setup a payroll system
• Register for superannuation payments
• Engage with a graphic designer to design business logo
• Set up an email address and social media profiles (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn) for the business
• Design business cards, letter heads, email signatures, and all professional stationary
• Organise immediate advertising via direct mail, email marketing, social media marketing, televeision, radio, or print
• Engage with a website developer to build your business website
• Join your local business chamber and take opportunities to network and market your business in person
Plant and Equipment
• Notify gas and electricity providers of the new business
• Review lease agreement of new site (if applicable)
• Purchase/lease/finance new equipment (if applicable)
Suppliers and Contractors
• Distribute a direct mail or email notice to suppliers and contractors to notify of new busines
• Establish relationships with suppliers and contractors
• Review contracts with suppliers and contractors